Short Term Health Insurance plans are designed to provide temporary health care insurance during unexpected coverage gaps. The plans provide the following flexibility:
- Drop your coverage without penalty
- Apply for another term of coverage if needed
- Select the length of time for your coverage – up to 364 days or even longer in many states
- Choose from a range of available deductible amounts
Your Short Term health insurance coverage can start as soon as the next day after you apply, so you can get the security of that coverage fast, right when you need it.
Who should consider short term insurance plans?
Short Term health insurance plans make sense for people who are:
- Under 65 and in good health
- Rolling off their parent’s insurance
- In-between jobs
- Without health insurance, have missed Open Enrollment and do not have a qualifying event for Special Enrollment
- Waiting for your Affordable Care Act (ACA) coverage to begin
- A college student or just out of school
- Waiting for benefits to begin at a new job
- Waiting for Medicare
- Needing a temporary alternative to COBRA insurance
- Losing coverage following a divorce
In general, Short Term Medical Plans do not provide coverage for preexisting conditions or preventive care, and are not a good choice if you are planning to start a family.
We offer a variety of Short Term Medical Plans. Call us or use our contact form for more information.